Monday, August 20, 2012

DIY Lululemon Vinyasa Scarf

I've recently tried Bikram Yoga and I'm still on the fence if it's something I can become committed to. After getting your sweat on, and leaving the place, I really want to throw on something loose and comfy. Lululemon has a great and versatile scarf called the Vinyasa scarf. There are so many ways of wearing it and I immediately fell in love with it... but not $50 in love with it. It's literally a big rectangle of fabric with some snap buttons on it. I thought, "I can make that!". There was only one site I found that provided a DIY tutorial.

If you want to find out how to make one, check it out here on this link:

http://hammersandhighheels.blogspot.ca/2011/09/sew-easy-diy-multi-wear-snap-scarf.html

I made mine out of bamboo fabric. I touched a lot of jersey fabrics which were cheaper (about $6 a yard) but I kept coming back to the bamboo fabric because it felt nicer and is a very breathable fabric. The fabric cost $15 a yard and all I needed, according to the tutorial, was 1.5 yards. I bought some snap buttons that cost me about $2. Sewing this scarf was the easy part. Hammering the snaps (and sometimes my fingers) was the hardest part. After an hour or so and $23... TADA!!

one way to wear the scarf
A second way to wear the scarf

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous, I have been trying to find which fabric to use for this tutorial, and that bamboo looks lovely

    ReplyDelete